The Church Will Open Six New Missions in 2023
Five missions in Africa and one in Europe will open in July
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will create six new missions in 2023. The new missions are listed below:
- Cote d’Ivoire Abidjan North Mission, a division of the Cote d’Ivoire Abidjan East Mission, with some areas currently within the Abidjan West Mission.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Kananga Mission, a division of the Democratic Republic of the Congo Mbuji-Mayi Mission.
- Nigeria Aba Mission, a division of the Nigeria Owerri Mission with areas also within the Nigeria Benin City and Nigeria Enugu Missions.
- Nigeria Abuja Mission, a division of the Nigeria Lagos Mission.
- South Africa Pretoria Mission, a division of the Botswana/Namibia and South Africa Johannesburg Missions, with areas of the South Africa Durban Mission also impacted.
- Romania Bucharest Mission, a division of the Hungary/Romania Mission, which will become the Hungary Budapest Mission.
Mission presidents and companions of the new missions will be announced in January 2023.
When the new missions officially open in July, there will be 416 missions of the Church worldwide.
STYLE GUIDE NOTE:When reporting about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, please use the complete name of the Church in the first reference. For more information on the use of the name of the Church, go to our online Style Guide.