LIVE UPDATESLIVE UPDATES,
Russia-Ukraine live news: ‘Fierce’ battles in Severodonetsk
Michael Carpenter says Moscow’s plan to annex the now-occupied Kherson region lays bare ‘its vision of a subjugated, Russified Ukraine.’
Published On 9 Jun 20229 Jun 2022
- US Ambassador to the OSCE, Michael Carpenter, says that the Russian-occupied region of Kherson is the “Kremlin’s laboratory of horrors,” in which Moscow-backed authorities are abusing the rights of civilians and local politicians.
- The Ukrainian army has said its forces continue to frustrate Russian attempts to take the fiercely contested eastern city of Severodonetsk.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has compared himself to Peter the Great, and spoke of Russia’s need to “take back [territory] and defend itself”.
- The Ukrainian foreign ministry has said the death sentences handed down to British and Moroccan nationals fighting for Ukraine should be considered null and void.
- Breakaway eastern Ukrainian regions backed by Moscow have said they will soon start shipping grain to Russia, the TASS news agency reports.
list of 3 itemslist 1 of 3
list 2 of 3
list 3 of 3
end of list
Here are the latest updates:
542 total views