Let her go to Taiwan… but pray for her’: Chinese state media sends grim warning to ‘sinner’ Nancy Pelosi and Red Army releases video of missile strikes ahead of trip ‘tomorrow night’ – as Taipei says ‘prepare for war’ and cancels military leave
- The Chinese People’s Liberation Army has issued another warning to Nancy Pelosi ahead of potential trip
- Video released Monday showed troops conducting missile strikes and hundreds of soldiers lined up
- Chinese state media personality Hu Xijin also issued grim message to the Democrat, telling her to go on trip
- ‘But pray before departure… and wish herself not be defined by history as a sinner’, Xijin added
- Two unnamed officials told CNN on Monday that Pelosi will touch down in Taiwan, despite Chinese threats of a military response
- Reports from TVBS News in Taiwan have said Pelosi could arrive in Taipei as early as tomorrow night
- The visit will inflame tensions with China, which considers Taiwan a territory
- Chinese officials have warned that they will not sit ‘idly by’ if Pelosi visits
- Last week, they went as far as to say they would shoot down Pelosi’s congressional jet if it is detected in Chinese airspace with a military escort
- China’s Xi Jinping warned Biden ‘not to play with fire’ over Taiwan last week in a marathon phone call
PUBLISHED: 07:04 EDT, 1 August 2022 | UPDATED: 16:07 EDT, 1 August 2022
The Chinese People’s Liberation Army has issued another warning to Nancy Pelosi ahead of her expected trip to Taiwan with a video simulating a missile strike, aircraft carriers advancing and fighter jets in formation – and a stern warning from state media.
The video was posted on WeChat on Monday morning following reports the U.S. House Speaker will arrive in Taipei on Tuesday night – despite Beijing warning they could shoot her plane down and launch a military response.
Chinese state media personality Hu Xijin also issued a grim message to the top Democrat: ‘Let her go to Taiwan. But pray before departure: wish herself a safe journey and wish herself not be defined by history as a sinner who starts a spiral of escalation process expanding military frictions to a large-scale war in the Taiwan Strait.’
Senior Taiwanese government officials and a US official both told CNN that the stop is on her trip, even though it is not on her public itinerary.
Reports from TVBS News in Taiwan have said Pelosi could arrive in Taipei as early as tomorrow night and her team has booked two hotels, although there is no mention of the visit in her official itinerary.
The US official added that defense department officials were working on securing a plan to keep her safe, according to CNN. The visit will inflame tensions with China, which considers Taiwan one of its own territories.
Amid the threat, Taiwanese officials reportedly have cancelled leave for soldiers and officers ‘to immediately prepare’ for the prospect of war.
Last Friday, Chinese state media said the government was prepared to shoot Pelosi’s plane down if it was detected in its airspace accompanied by a fighter jet escort.
The latest warning was issued during a Chinese foreign ministry briefing by spokesperson Zhao Lijian, who said that because of Pelosi’s status as the ‘No. 3 official of the US government, a visit to Taiwan, which China claims as its own, would ‘lead to egregious political impact’.
Lijian added that it would be ‘a gross interference in China’s internal affairs and would lead to ‘very serious developments and consequences.’
I seldom agree with the speaker but today she does not GO to Taiwan, as the lib dem that she is.
Instead, she go there as an American woman, doing American business. She has ignores The threat by a Chinee thug. and I like other Americans say Go Nancy and make America Proud. If these thugs harms one hair on
your head. Americans will line up coast to coast, border to border to get Revenge. lET THE WORD GO FORTH, NO ONE, I REAPER, NO TELL tHE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE WHERE HE OR CAN GO.
CHINA BE WARNE YOUR WORDS WILL ONLY SERVE TO UNITED UNITED STATES CITIZEN
AND THAT’S THE WAY I SEE IT COWBOY RON
142 total views